Overall plan

So for the past week I have been struggling with the overall idea for the magazine. I was in between creating it about recipes with squash or apples and chose apples. The reason why I chose apples is because I personally love them and they are also easier to work with. There are a lot more appetizing apple recipes than there are squash recipes.

I am thinking of making my cover picture a basket of apples, one of the desserts I will be making, or all of the desserts in one. I have 7 different recipes that are healthier than the typically apple pie dessert which I will probably be narrowing down to a few. They consist of baked apples, cinnamon apple chips, Greek yogurt apple-cinnamon bread, apple crumble, no sugar apple tart, apple pie oatmeal cookies, and low fat apple cake. All of these recipes are made with healthy alternatives for basic ingredients.

My two page spread is going to be a recipe style magazine going to include directions to make it, and a picture along with it. Something similar to this spread:
Choosing this style will allow me to have many recipes to embrace the genre of the magazine which is healthy lifestyle.

I have been editing and creating my cover, table of contents, and two page spread which is difficult to produce without pictures of my final creations. My two page spread is still in major works because I have a few ideas for how I want to strategically place the food items and then work around it.

I have a lot of ideas going around in my head but I am just having trouble deciding what I want to go with and how I want things to be done. I am planning on getting together with my cousin Krista who is a food blogger and she will be able to help me decide what idea of mine would work best. She lives in another state so hopefully getting to her won't be too hard.

Comments

Popular Posts